Water sensitive practice. Every city. Every day.
That’s the vision of the CRC for Water Sensitive Cities. And our 2019-20 stakeholder annual report celebrates our many achievements throughout the year towards achieving this vision:
- We released 156 publications, bringing the total to more than 1,700 resources.
- We conducted four research synthesis projects that applied water sensitive principles to real world settings in New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia.
- We showcased CRCWSC research and findings at conferences in Australia, South Korea, Mexico, Chile and Italy.
- We created and refined tools, products and processes that support water sensitive cities from vision to implementation, such as the WSC Index, the Transition Dynamics Framework, the WSC Scenario Tool, the Infill Typologies Catalogue, economic evaluation tools, the Infill Performance Evaluation Framework, guidance on integrated urban and water planning, and guidance on managing water in areas affected by high seasonal groundwater.
- We ramped up adoption activities that build capacity and a community of practice, delivering 124 events throughout the year (seminars, workshops, videoconferences, site tours) to more than 2,000 practitioners and end users.
- We supported 5 PhD students (bringing the total to 47).
|Recognising our impact
Our 2019-20 report also discusses our plans for the future. We have secured in-principle support to transfer ownership of the Water Sensitive Cities Institute to Monash University at the end of the CRCWSC’s term in June 2021. The institute will continue to support the mainstreaming of WSC practices and further develop WSC intellectual property. And we’re developing an online Knowledge Platform so that practitioners can quickly and easily find the research outputs they need. We are designing this website based on user data and industry focus groups to ensure it is easy to use.
Also in the report, you’ll find a showcase of our research outputs, a rundown of our collaborations across states and globally, and a brief look at our governance and financials.