Like so many organisations, the Australian Water Association has pivoted in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and has moved its popular annual Ozwater conference online.
Ozwater’20 Online will now be the biggest virtual water conference in the southern hemisphere!
The CRCWSC is well represented in the online program:
- Our CEO Ben Furmage will do a podcast under Stream 4 ‘Resilience and water security’ and discuss ‘Integrated urban flood management – a guide to choosing, financing and funding the options’ on Day 5, Tuesday 16 June
- Lorena Ikic, our NSW Regional Manager, will present a ‘Thirst quencher’ on ‘Making a case for water in supporting cool and thriving communities’ under Stream 3 ‘Sustainable and thriving communities’ on Day 8, 25 June.
- Beata Sochacka, from the Advanced Water Management Centre, University of Queensland and the CRCWSC’s IRP4 program, will also present under Stream 3 ‘Sustainable and thriving communities’ on Day 8, 25 June, speaking in a ‘Thirst quencher’ about ‘Water and liveability – beyond the obvious’.
The conference goal is to shift Australia’s thirst for action in such a challenging year back to the water agenda. The big issues of water security, water resilience, sustainability, climate change, and the circular economy will all be on the table, so these issues can stay at the forefront of political, media and community discussion, beyond any crises.
Ozwater’20 Online will offer an engaging and informative experience:
- Ozwater’20 Online will run throughout June with two sessions each week (total of eight days).
- Each session will feature a keynote presentation followed by four or five themed streams. Download the Ozwater’20 Online program.
- Presenters will be live and online for Q&A after their presentations.
- Presentations will be available on-demand for all delegates for four months.
There are now three types of presentations:
- Thirst quencher – 5-minute video presentations without Q&A (but with poster presentation for delegates to download)
- Focus video presentation – 20-minute pre-recorded presentations with five minutes of live Q&A (and full paper for delegates to download)
- Focus podcast presentation – 10–15 minute pre-recorded podcasts with professional interviewer and 5–10 minute live Q&A. This is new for the online program, and podcasts will be featured on the event’s podcast channel.
More information is in the online program.
Online trade exhibition
As always, the annual Ozwater conference has a thriving Ozwater Trade Exhibition, the largest exhibition of water industry products and services in the southern hemisphere. This year the exhibition hub will also go online, offering a digital marketplace for water industry products and services.
Ozwater’20 Online delegates have exclusive access to the trade exhibition portal for four months.
The registration page explains the flexible options for registering to this unique industry event.
We hope to ‘see’ you there!