What we are
Drawing on the CRCWSC’s knowledge, expertise and experience, the Water Sensitive Cities Institute provides commercial consulting services for our partners and other stakeholders.
Working with our commercial Participants and SME associates, the Institute delivers strategic and bespoke consulting services under the CRCWSC’s flagship research synthesis strategy. In this way:
- our clients receive context-specific, fit-for-purpose solutions to their urban water management challenges. They also build their in-house knowledge and capacity, as an enduring legacy of each project.
- our commercial Participants and SME associates—as our project partners—have new pathways to markets.
- our university partners have new pathways to research adoption and impact.
The Institute's purpose and role will evolve over time, to create an enduring legacy beyond the term of the CRCWSC (which ends in 2021). The Institute—a wholly-owned subsidiary of the CRCWSC—is a social enterprise that will support the ongoing adoption of water sensitive principles and practices through broader services.
What we do
The Institute delivers commercial consulting services under the CRCWSC’s flagship research synthesis strategy. These services are founded on scientific rigour and evidence, and include:
Research synthesis is a platform for effective and timely research-to-practice translation. It brings together multiple research disciplines and multiple professional practice sectors. That is, it is inherently multidisciplinary, collating, adapting and synthesising knowledge and experience to co-create knowledge and solutions that respond to place and context.
Who's in our team
Led by Managing Director Ben Furmage, the Institute comprises a core team of water professionals:
- Malcolm Eadie, Commercial Manager
- Jamie Ewert, National Engagement Manager
- Chris Chesterfield, National Engagement Manager
- Katie Hammer, WSC Index and Transition Dynamics Framework Lead
- Jianbin Wang, International Engagement Manager (China)
- Kerrie Burge, International Engagement Manager (Asia-Pacific)
- Yafei Zhu, Senior Urban Systems Modeller
- Desmond Anim, Senior Urban Systems Modeller.
Subject matter specialists complement this core team:
- Cintia Dotto, Senior Urban Systems Modeller
- Belinda Smith, Senior Town Planner
- Dr Kerry Nice, Urban Heat Specialist.
Researchers from Monash University, The University of Western Australia and The University of Queensland also bring additional specialist expertise to our services.
Drawing on the expertise of our team and partners, we have the knowledge, skills, experience and resources to deliver high quality consulting services that meet our clients' needs.