What: Cooler, greener Adelaide: shaping our future city forum and showcase
When: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 5pm–9pm
Where: Adelaide Convention Centre
It’s been another hot and dry summer in Adelaide. In January 2019, we recorded 10 days over 35oC and no rain. February wasn’t quite as hot, but it still didn’t rain.
Do you wonder what you can do about it? Do you know how you can adapt to this hotter, drier reality? The good news is that a cooler, greener Adelaide starts at home and in our suburban streets.
The trick is to consider how we use water when we plan, design and renovate our homes. It can make a real difference. So, come and see how councils, architects, developers and water service providers are transforming our homes, streets and neighbourhoods with new technologies and innovative design that makes the most of our water.
The Cooler, greener Adelaide forum and showcase brings together innovators in design, building, research, planning and business:
- Greening Adelaide: what does it really mean?– Tony Wong, Chief Executive Officer, CRC for Water Sensitive Cities
- Shaping our future city: what will Adelaide be like in 2050 under a business-as-usual scenario versus a cooler, greener, city?–Mellissa Bradley, Water Sensitive SA
- Future proofing urban renewal–Fairlie Delbridge, Managing Director, C-minus
- Re-imagining the design of our homes in higher density living–Nigel Bertram, NMBW Architecture Studio and Monash University
- Don’t suffer small thinking: living green in challenging spaces–Sophie Thomson, ABC TV Presenter, Columnist, Author, Horticulturist, Designer
- Smart water for a smarter future–Greg Ingleton, Business Development Manager Environment, SA Water
- Integrating the blue and the grey to keep it green–Dr Tim Johnson, Environmental Sustainability Engineer, City of Mitcham.