The Cooperative Research Centre for Water Sensitive Cities’ current term expires on 30 June 2021. It is now time to look ahead and plan our next steps in revolutionising urban water management and transforming our cities into liveable, resilient, sustainable, productive places—water sensitive cities, where people want to live and work.
We began our mission in 2012 and have much to celebrate
Working with our 80+ partners across two tranches of research and adoption activities we have:
But there is still more to do …
As we look beyond 2021, we know there will be more to do to:
- ensure Australia remains a global leader in urban water collaboration, research and application
- build on progress made relating to the institutions, regulations, technical tools and industry networks necessary to scale up and lock in water sensitive practices
- continue to challenge the status quo and support city transitions with science-based advocacy.
We envisage a third wave of research and adoption activities—Tranche 3 (T3)
We want to identify and understand the issues that will shape our future cities, the action needed to respond to those issues and how Integrated Urban Water Management can contribute. From there, we can develop a T3 agenda that will continue to advance sustainable and resilient urban water management into the future.
Our T3 agenda can only be built on genuine engagement—understanding our partners’ and industry needs and priorities. Engagement was essential to T1 and T2 and will be just as important to T3. We need your help.
You can help us shape T3—and ensure a water sensitive future
From October 2018 until June 2019, we will be seeking your views on the issues affecting the future of water sensitive principles and practices. You can have your say by:
- contacting us directly via our dedicated T3@crcwsc.com.au email
- talking to your Regional Manager or contributing to Regional Advisory Panel discussions
- joining us in Brisbane for our 4th Water Sensitive Cities Conference, 26–28 March 2019
We look forward to ensuring a water sensitive future with you.