What ‘Introduction to stormwater quality management workshop’
When 9 am – 5 pm, Thursday 13 September 2018
Where Investa Building, Sydney Water CBD Office, Level 9, 420 George Street, Sydney
Registrations are now open for a one-day workshop on holistic stormwater management, to be hosted by our partner, Splash, in Sydney on 13 September.
Two experts will lead the discussions: Carl Tippler from CTENVIRONMENTAL and Mark Liebman from Sustainability Workshop. Carl is an aquatic and riparian ecologist and is recognised as an innovative leader in urban ecosystem monitoring and management. Mark is an experienced and innovative drainage engineer whose technical skills are brilliantly complemented by Carl's environmental understanding.
Together, the stormwater experts will cover the drivers for stormwater management and an introduction to water quality treatment science. Specifically, they’ll look at:
- The 'urban stream syndrome' (what it is, what drives it, and its impacts)
- Why we manage stormwater
- The socio-ecological system (how stormwater management, liveability and ecosystem services fit together)
- Design and management considerations to benefit the wider community
- Flows and stream erosion, including stormwater quantity, designing for water quantity and its impacts (it’s not all about quality at all)
- Stormwater treatment processes, including a discussion of treatment trains – what they are and how to design one
- The Stormwater Australia Draft Stormwater Quality Improvement Device Evaluation Protocol (SQIDEP), which covers the science of measurement of water quality and how to ‘filter’ for the truth from proprietors.
The ‘Introduction to stormwater quality management workshop’ will appeal to council designers, drainage engineers, stormwater and catchment managers and regulatory staff.
The workshop will run from 9 am (for a 9.30 am start) until 5 pm. Tickets are $350 for Splash members, and $400 for non-members. Register now.
If you are interested in hosting this workshop at your organisation or would like more information, please contact Splash Coordinator Kristy Good on 02 8849 4455 or at firstname.lastname@example.org