NSW capacity building network, Splash, has partnered with Healthy Land and Water, WaterNSW, and the Central West Environment and Waterways Alliance to introduce participants to the Living Waterways Framework. An award-winning methodology already being used in Queensland and New South Wales, the Framework encourages and incentivises a project to move from using traditional stormwater engineering solutions to adopt more integrated solutions through water sensitive urban design.
Embedding a water sensitive approach provides many opportunities to include a range of benefits and outcomes that might otherwise be missed using a traditional approach to project design.
The workshop will provide you with the skills to:
- Identify ways to meet community and environmental outcomes through good design
- Communicate and engage with key stakeholders
- Critique a “water related project” of choice using the Living Waterways Framework
- Work through key grant criteria to develop “shelf ready” projects to take advantage of upcoming grants programs.
Dates and locations
Workshops will run in 4 locations:
- Wollongong, Monday 21 August
- Orange, Wednesday 23 August
- Parramatta, Friday 25 August
- Newcastle, Tuesday 5 September.
For more information, costs, and to register, contact Kristy Good on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0459 366 938.