This event will present a series of short presentations on the various ways that Water Sensitive Urban Design supports wellbeing in the community. It will explore our relationship with the Swan River, gardens and street verges as well as the social and economic values supported by both blue and green infrastructure in our cities.
Emma Yuen, the Regional Manager of the CRCWSC will chair the session with presentations by:
- Julian Bolleter (Writer and assistant Professor at AUDRC)
- Josh Byrne (TV personality and sustainability practitioner)
- Sayed Iftekhar (Environmental and resource economist, with expertise on non-market values of Water Sensitive Urban Design)
- Mike Mouritz (Water Sensitive Urban Design champion)
- Natasha Pauli (Expert on human-environment interactions in our suburbs)
This is a joint event coordinated by the Cooperative Research Centre for Water Sensitive Cities and the Australian Urban Design Research Centre (AUDRC). We invite you to join us for morning tea following the event.
Date: 23 July 2018
Time: 10.00am – 11.30am, followed by morning tea
Place: AUDRC, Level 2, 1002 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000