Adoption Pathways (Program D)
Building the capacity to innovate and transition
This program aims to develop long-term partnerships between government, industry, the water sector, and the community. It will deliver a suite of capacity-building projects and holistic decision-support tools that will provide a platform for participants and stakeholders at a national, regional, and community level to interact, experiment, and learn from each other.
Projects in the Adoption Pathways Program are working to:
- ensure water sensitive city principles and approaches are recognised in all national and state policy and growth plans;
- support industry to lead on-ground implementation of water sensitive city interventions underpinned by rigorous industry standards;
- ensure government and industry have access to a world-class workforce with the capacity and capability to develop and implement water sensitive city concepts; and
- ensure water utilities and/or private operators are willing and able to operate water sensitive city infrastructure and technologies.
This will be achieved by:
- creating and sharing water sensitive city case studies;
- translating and disseminating Tranche 1 research outputs to help influence policy and decision-making processes;
- building a wide range of formal and informal capacity-building programs for government and industry;
- commencing the testing and application of WSC Index rating of cities and towns; and
- delivering urban renewal and development project research synthesis case studies.